50 ways to improve mental health
Any difficulty with mental health can be such a struggle, and can be really debilitating. You want to get rid of it as soon as you can, but that is easier said than done. Unfortunately, there is no one-size-fits-all solution for mental health, and there are no quick remedies.
However, there are things that can help temporarily, or things that can help towards recovery and healing.
So in this post, I am going to share 50 ways to improve mental health.
don’t forget to pin this post!
so what are these 50 ways to improve mental health?
1. Gratitude journaling
2. Celebrate your successes
3. Drink a cup of coffee!
I don’t recommend this if you’re suffering from anxiety, but coffee has been shown to help with symptoms of depression.
4. Start of with your easy tasks to build confidence
5. Try something new
6. See a life coach to help your life move forward
A life coach can help you sort through your limiting beliefs, giving you more confidence. you could also try it yourself with these 4 steps to become your own life coach.
7. See a therapist if you think you might need to
A therapist can help you with any more serious problems like real anxiety and depression or social problems.
8. Talk to someone
9. Spread some love
send a card, write a letter, buy flowers for someone.
11. Try to be mindful for 5 minutes
12. Pick up a coloring book
14. Cook something delicious
16. Watch a comedy
17. Go for a walk
19. Wash your bedsheets
20. Take a bath or shower (wash your hair!)
22. Write it all down (and then set it on fire safely, if you like. I like)
23. Punch a pillow
24. Set goals
25. Play with a pet, toddler or child
26. Do something nice for yourself (prepare meals, lay out your outfits for the week)
27. Smile. Pretend to smile.
28. Do a random act of kindness
31. Do a workout
33. Change something in your life (job or shampoo, size does not matter here)
35. Avoid any drugs or alcohol
36. Get some sunlight
37. Nourish yourself
38. Take a step back
42. Go out or a coffee or lunch
43. Get a plant
44. Spend a day doing things that make you happy
45. Plan your week
46. Book a trip (or an overnight stay)
47. Try a breathing exercise
48. Try a meditation app like headspace or calm
49. Bake something difficult
50. Write out your dream life
Don’t forget to pin this post!
I hope this list has given you some ideas on ways to improve mental health. Please be aware of your own mental state, and seek help if you need to. Talk to someone in your close circle, or find help from a professional.
Leave any other tips you have in the comments below so we can help each other out as well!
If you liked this article, you might also enjoy these 9 tips for anxiety, , or 25 tips to boost your mood.